I love EVERYTHING Maple !!!!! This Creamy & Sweet pie takes under 1 hour to make!
If you are planning on making this sweet creamy maple pie, I suggest to make the pie crust the day before or give yourself at least 4 hours to let the dough set!
It was my first time trying to lattice pie crust BTW ! Not perfect but happy with the outcome! #moretocome
Dough: Prep : 15 mins / Setting time 4h / Total : 4h15 mins
Filling: Prep : 20 mins / Bake : 30-35 mins / Total : 50 mins
Serving : 1 Pie
Dough Ingredients :
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ice water
Filling Ingredients :
2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight (Recommended).
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 1/2 inch pie pan. Place crust in pie pan. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, flour, corn starch, and salt. Add the cream and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and bring mixture to a boil. It will be thin at first, but boiling will activate the corn starch and flour and it will thicken. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Let cool while rolling out the pie crust.
- On a floured surface, roll out one pie dough disc until it is large enough to fit a 9 inch (not deep dish) pie pan.
- Place the dough into the pie pan, and put in the refrigerator to keep cold while you roll out the second disc. Cut the second disc into strips for a lattice crust. Brush the strips with a little milk if desired. This will give the crust a golden look.
- Pour the filling into the pie pan and weave the strips of dough on top to cover the pie. Trim the excess pie dough to leave a one inch overhang. Crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the pie is golden and the filling is bubbling. The filling will set as it cools, but this pie is often served warm and messy!
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !