I used to always buy by dough at the grocery store, I was never happy with the taste and texture! One day i adventured down the rod of making homemade pie dough and never turned back!
Serving : 2 crusts (8 servings each)
Prep : 30 mins / chill: 30 mins / Total : 1h00
1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and marjoram, optional
1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and add yeast and whisk until dissolved.
- Let stand until bubbles form on surface.
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups flour, salt, and if desired, dried herbs/spices (I personally add nothing).
- Make a hole in center and then the add yeast mixture and oil.
Stir until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead, adding more flour to surface as needed until no longer sticky and dough is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes; transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Allow dough to come to room temperature before rolling, about 30 minutes.
- Add the pizza toppings