During the Covid-19 Quarantine, my boyfriend’s mother really wanted us to try “healthier” sweets. So I agreed to try to make something yummy out of the follow ingredients. Will I always prefer chocolate and butter??? I hope so. But for today let’s try something a little more healthy. Why not right!?
Also See My Lemon & Cranberry Buckwheat Muffins
After all this “healthiness” go try a batch of Cheesecake brownies #yourwelcome
Prep : 15 mins / Bake : 25 mins / Total : 40 mins
Servings : 6 Muffins (Double for more)
1 cup buckwheat & 7 grains flour (Found at bulk barn)
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup coconut oi/Butter, melted
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon almond extract
½ cup chopped pitted dates
½ cup chopped unsalted roasted walnuts or almonds
*If your taste buds are accustomed to the sweetness level of most baked goods, you might find that you’ll want a tad more sweetness, simply add an extra 1/4 cup of honey or 1/4 cup dark brown sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In different bowl, mix the oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla & Almond.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Fold the dates and half the chopped walnuts/almonds into the batter.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and, using an ice cream scoop, fill them three quarters of the way.
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the walnuts/almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !