Prep : 10 mins /Cook: 20 mins/ Total : 30 mins
Servings : 4-6
If you are looking for a quick and delicious meal, you are at the right place. This carbonara dish takes no more than 30 mins and you will have a steaming bowl of pasta ready!
125g of pasta (Spaghettini , linguini)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pack of bacon (thicker the better), cubed or sliced into small strips
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
2 tbsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp salt
- Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking to ensure that the spaghetti will be hot and ready when the sauce is finished; it is very important that the pasta is hot when adding the egg mixture, so that the heat of the pasta cooks the raw eggs in the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender yet firm (as they say in Italian “al dente.”)
- Drain the pasta well, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water to use in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep skillet over medium flame. Add the bacon and saute for about 3 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the fat is rendered.
- Toss the garlic into the fat and saute for less than 1 minute to soften.
- Add the hot, drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands in the bacon fat.
- Beat the eggs and Parmesan together in a mixing bowl, stirring well to prevent lumps.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg/cheese mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble (this is done off the heat to ensure this does not happen.)
- Thin out the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water, until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season the carbonara.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !