CUPCAKESSSSS!!!! Yes those cute sweet muffins we call cupcakes, Fairy cake or even patty cakes! I love the fact that they are really a blank canvas. You can pretty much make them with any flavor, any filling and any topping!! Let your imagination go wild.
Today I went with a classic that I love and master. This is a fluffy soft cake with a rich cream cheese filling & frosting
Prep : 20 mins /Cook: 20 mins/ Total : 40 mins
Servings : 12-16 cupcakes
For the red velvet cupcakes:
1 and 1/3 cups cake flour
2 tablespoons dutch cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg room temperature
1/4 cup oil canola or vegetable
1 tablespoon red food coloring
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2/3 cup milk or cream room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two standard 12-count muffin pans with 16 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer or whisk, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix until fully combined, then mix in the oil, red food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Make sure to mix each addition until just combined and be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter between all 16 cupcake liners in the prepared muffin pans, only filling each one about halfway full.
- Bake in separate batches at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cream cheese frosting
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !