Apple Crumble has always been a childhood favorite desserts to me! Warm, tasty and packed with fresh apples like duhh It is amazing!!! Served with vanilla ice cream of topped with caramel, you have so many options.
If you want to spice things up!! try adding strawberries or rhubarb, I promise you won’t go wrong. I should actually make my rhubarb, strawberry pie soon!
Prep : 10 mins /Cook: 40 mins/ Total : 50 mins
Servings : 4-6
2-4 apples (whatever you have on hand)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flour
Pinch of Salt
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 cup of cold and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Butter a medium-sized shallow casserole dish. Mine is what I use for brownies but whatever works!
- Peel apples and then chop into small cubes and add to a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the apples and gently toss to coat the apples.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour and gently mix until distributed throughout the apples.
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt, mix well.
- Add the butter and use your hands to mix until a pebbly, crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until topping is golden brown (just keep an eye on it, as your oven might require less time–I have baked in 35 mins)
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !