Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 35 mins/ Total : 45 min
Servings : 3 cups
So, after those amazing Vanilla Cream filled doughnuts, I had some leftover Vanilla Custard!! So why not makes some of these baked custard mini puddings. Perfect hot or cold and topped with some cinnamon and nutmeg. If this is not perfection, then what is?? Can I have an amen!!!
1/2 cup vanilla extract
1/3 cup cornstarch
4 eggs yolks
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- Whisk together vanilla, cornstarch, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Whisk together milk and egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Add milk mixture to the saucepan with the butter.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface of the vanilla cream to prevent a skin from forming. Just before using, whisk until smooth.
- Whipped cream: meanwhile, in a bowl, whip cream with sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Keep refrigerated.
- Mix the whipped cream to the cooled custard.
- Place the ramekins in multiple small oven proof pans with sides about as tall as the a large oven proof pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon overtop the custard.
- Heat about 10 cups of water, not quite to boiling but very hot, on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Pour the hot water into the pan around the ramekins, being careful not to get any of the water into the custard itself.
- Carefully place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. The exact time may depend on the size and shape of the ramekins you use. The custard is done when you insert a knife into the center of a cup and it comes out clean.
Serve cold or warm as desired, with whipped cream.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !