Fish and chips, I just love everything about it!! Many people will debate about the best fish to use for fish and chips is it Cod or Haddock??? I personally like both and buy the best price of the day. This was my first time trying a beef batter and I LOVED it!!! Only wish I had made more.
This Time I also Decided to Try My Sweet Potato Fries!!!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 10-15 / Total: 25 mins
Servings : 2
3-4 pieces of cod/haddock fish fillets
salt and pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tsp epis
1 tsp all seasoning spice (Island spices)
1 tsp paprika
salt to taste
1 egg, beaten
1/2 (12 ounce) bottle beer
quarts vegetable oil (for frying)
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Combine flour the dry batter ingredients then Stir egg into dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed.
- If you prefer a lighter batter you should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped. If you prefer a thick batter add ¼ cup more flour
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F .
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil.
- Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.