Why would you just eat some regular potato fries when you can eat Sweet potato fries instead??? You might not all agree but they are definitely worth the try, Fast easy and sooo good! Great as a snack or side dish, you may never want to eat regular potatoes again.
Prep : 20 mins / Cook : 20 (5-7 mins per batch) / Total: 40 mins
Servings : 2
2 sweet potatoes medium size
2/3 cup cornstarch
6 cups vegetable oil for frying
2 tsp salt additional salt for seasoning the cooked fries
3/4 teaspoon pepper additional pepper for seasoning the cooked fries
- Wash and peel 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- Cut the sweet potatoes into desired sticks size.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes in cold water.
- Boil the fries in water for 4 minutes until slightly tender. Remove fries and place them in an ice bath.
- Prepare a batter for the fries by stirring together 2/3 cups of cornstarch with an equal amount of water in a bowl.
- Season the batter with 2 teaspoons of salt and 3/4 teaspoons of pepper.
- Dip the fries in the batter and let them rest for 2 minutes on paper towels.’
- Heat a pot of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F.
- Add the fries in 2-3 batches, make sure to break up clusters of fries and prevent fries from sticking to the pan as they cook.
- Cook the fries for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- When the fries are done cooking, set them in a single layer on paper towels to drain and the salt and other spices while hot.