The smell of fresh cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven is exactly what I needed this morning!!! What best way to start the day? If you love making bread you will love making these sticky buns. The best part is that they are topped with my yummy Cream cheese frosting!!!!You will thank me later ! #Yourwelcome
Prep : 20 mins / Chill : 1h-1h30 / Total: 1h20 mins
Servings : 15-20 small rolls or 9-12 large rolls
For the dough:
3/4 cup warm milk
2 1/4 tsp quick rise or active yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
3/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
2/3 cup brown sugar
2-3 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
For the cream cheese frosting:
1/2 of my Cream Cheese Frosting recipe
- For the dough: place the milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving it for 40-45 seconds. dissolve the yeast in the warm milk with a tsp of sugar in a large bowl.
- Let it sit for about 2-3 minutes. The yeast will start to froth up.
- Add the remaining sugar, butter or margarine, salt, eggs, and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a WARM place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- The Filling: combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle.
- Spread the butter then the cinnamon filling equally on the doughand keep about 3 tbsp on the side for later.
- When the dough in placed vertically, cut 2″ pieces of dough horizontally (See images below) and roll them up until they form a long cinnamon roll(See images below).
- You will then cut the rolls in smaller pieces and then place the cut rolls in the prepared pan (See images below).
- Cover the pan with a towel or plastic and let the dough raise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes then remove and add some butter mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar to avoid burning then add back to the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling make half of the Cream Cheese frosting recipe. When the rolls are done and cool spread the cream cheese frosting.