This Sweet yet spicy crispy chicken is exactly what you need !! I served it on some creamy garlic mashed potatoes with a side of buttery asparagus! I also made a homemade gravy with the extra glaze by adding a few tbsp of water!!
Prep : 45 mins / Cook : 30-40 Mins / Total: 1h25
Servings : 2-3
1-2 Large chicken breast
10 Large white shrimps
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/4 jalapeno, chopped
1 tbsp homemade epis
1 shallots, chopped
2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2/3 cup water
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup white onion, minced
1 shallots, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
2 tbsp pineapple, crushed
2 tbsp whiskey
½ tsp cayenne
2 tbsp lemon pepper
2-3 tbsp Epis seasoning
*Hot sauce to taste
- Clean the chicken is water and salt, slice the breasts in half and then cover them with plastic wrap on a chopping board(See images).
- With a rolling pin or hard object, flatten the chicken breasts, this will allow them to absorb the flavors faster and cook quicker.
- Marinade: Clean the shrimps and add with the chicken to a bowl. Add the ingredients for the marinade and make sure to combine well, let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Breading: Whisk together all the ingredients asides the panko in bowl and prepare a separate bowl with the Panko ready to dip.
- Make the whiskey glaze: Add the epis seasoning or roasted garlic into a medium bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the garlic cloves into a paste.
- Add the pineapple juice, water, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar, whisk until the sugar dissolves and set aside until ready.
- Frying: Heat up a large deep frying pan at 350 F, with 1/2 cup of oil or until the bottom of the pan is fully covered.
- Prepare a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 F for after frying the chicken.
- Remove the chicken flattened breasts and shrimps from the marinade and toss into the wet mixture then in the Panko. Be sure to press the chicken firmly into the breading so clumps adhere to the meat. (It’s a messy job.) Set breaded tenders on the prepared baking sheet ready to add to the oven to keep warm and make sure fully cooked.
- Add the chicken first to the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides (3-4 mins/side), add the shrimps at the end for 2-3 minutes. Add both chicken and shrimp to the baking sheet and add to the oven while making heating up the glaze.
- Pour the glaze sauce into a pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and syrupy.
- While sauce is cooking, make the Creamy mashed potatoes.
- Add the chicken and shrimp to the pan and turn to coat in the sauce.
- For a quick gravy, add a few tbsp of water to the pan and it will make a sauce to top the chicken or mashed potatoes.