This is no Kraft Mac & Cheese (I still like the kraft stuff FYI!) this is a creamy, cheesy and shrimpy heaven if you ask me! This all taken about 30 mins and it is a 30 mins well spent!! You can add a side of greens , my prefered choice is broccoli.
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 20/ Total: 30 mins
Servings : 2-3
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp flour
1.5 cups milk
1.5 cups hot tap water
1/2 – 1 cup macaroni , uncooked
10-15 large uncooked white shrimps
3-5 tbsp epis seasoning or garlic paste
1-2 cups cheese (Cheddar, mozzarella cheese, gruyere, or other , grated
seasoning to taste, I add lemon pepper, salt, chilli powder and chilli flakes.
- Marinate the shrimp with the epis seasoning or garlic paste with seasoning, cover and put in fridge.
- Heat up a saucepan over medium/ high heat, add butter.
- Add flour when butter is melted cook for 1 minute.
- Pour milk in slowly, stirring as you go. Once incorporated and lump free (use whisk if needed), stir in Seasonings, then water.
- Once the liquid is hot, add macaroni. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring regularly, you may need more milk/water add more depending on how thick you like your mac.
- When the macaroni is almost cooked through, then take it off the stove, add cheeses and stir through.
- Cook shrimp in a frying pan with its juice for maximum 2-3 minutes on medium heat you simply want them to start to become pink.
- Add shrimp the mac and cheese. Taste for salt – tweak if needed. It should be saucy!!!