There are many types of thai curry! RED, YELLOW, GREEN, but today we are looking at the red thai.
Google said : Red curry is a popular Thai dish consisting of red curry paste cooked in coconut milk with meat added, such as chicken, beef, pork, duck or shrimp, or vegetarian protein source such as tofu
Prep : 30 mins / Chill : 1h / Cook : 40-50 / Total: 50 mins
Servings : 8
8-10 chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs/ breast, cleaned and skin removed
2-3 tbsp homemade epis
2 tbsp of chili flakes
2-4 tbsp lemon pepper
2 tbsp chili pepper powder
1 shallots, chopped
2 tsp lemon pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 chicken stock cube, crushed
1 can of coconut milk
3-4 tbsp veggie oil
1/4 red onion
1/4 yellow onion
1/4 ginger root peeled and finely grated
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp red thai paste
1 can of chickpeas
6-10 baby potatoes, washed & diced in half
4 cups water
- Marinate the chicken with all the marinade ingredients, cover and put in fridge for at least 1h up to 48h.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or a large wok. Add the onions, tomato paste, red thai paste and ginger and stir-fry for about 30 seconds over high heat, until browned.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high, add the chicken to the pot with all the liquid and 1 cups of water, cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes after the chicken has been cooking for 15-20 minutes with 1 cup of water (may need more or less depending on the thickness) and cook for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are ready.
*Optional heat up a grill pan with 1-2 tbsp oil and remove the chicken without the juice from the pot and grill for 3-4 mins per side. Add the chicken back in the pot when done grilling.
- Add more seasoning to taste then ready to serve with a side of naan bread and White rice!