Inspired by ” Australia’s best recipes” but had some roast beef and felt in a spicy mood! So i switched it up a little bit.
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 30 mins / / Total: 40 mins
Servings : 5
10 minutes Puff Pastry recipe
Slow cooked Pot roast recipe
1/4 red onion, thin slices
1/4 yellow onion, thin slices
1/2 jalapenos, sliced
5 mushrooms sliced
spices to taste if needed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 egg for egg wash
- Follow the recipes to make the puff pastry and beef.
- Roll out 1/2 of the puff pastry into a large square and then place in the 9-inch pie pan, you will need to prepare the second half of the dough for the top layer later, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add the sliced vegetables to oiled frying pan on medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the beef and its juices from the slow cooker and cook until well combined but do not over fry.
- Spoon in the meat mixture. Moisten edges of pastry with water.
- Top with puff pastry, pressing down to seal the edges, trim and glaze with butter or egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or when pastry becomes golden brown and let cool before serving.