Made this Puff pastry for my Aussie meat pie this week! It was the best dough ever and is now my FAV type of dough!!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 20 mins / Chill : 1-2h / Total: 30 mins
Servings : 1 top & bottom pie crust
1 1/4 cup very cold butter (salted)
1/2 cup very cold water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Using a food processor, fitted with the metal blade, add flour and salt to the bowl, then add 3/4 cup of the cold butter cut in cubes and pulse until butter is absorbed (about 10 to 12 one second pulses).
- Add the remaining cold butter (cubed) and pulse two or three times (no more) to combine.
- Add the cold water and pulse four or five times just until the dough comes together to form a ball (really important not to over mix).
- On a lightly floured surface place dough and knead lightly approximately 10 times.With a lightly floured rolling- pin (lightly flour the dough so it doesn’t stick) roll into a rectangle approximately 30 x 45 CM.
- Fold the dough in half and then half again and one last time, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours (I left mine over night).