Banana Bread Is definitely a popular and easy treat to make! Very simple ingredients and you get use up those old banana you have in the freezer! Added just a hit of chocolate to not hide the delicious taste of the bananas!
Prep : 15 mins / Cook : 45-55 mins Total: 1h10 mins
Servings : 9 inch loaf
1/2 Cup Butter + 1 tbsp for chocolate mix
4 Large Ripe Bananas
2 Large Eggs
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Cup white Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 milk chocolate hershey bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- Wet ingredients: Add the butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
- Dry ingredients: In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined (Do not over mix)
- The chocolate: Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Cook 20 second at a time to not over heat it, stopping to stir in between, until about 80% melted. Stir until smooth, add 1 tbsp of butter and one 1/2 cup of the banana bread batter to the melted chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the plain batter and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl the batters together with a knife or tooth picks.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.