Key lime pie cheesecake is definitely one of my favorite cheesecakes! I must admit I do not make it very often, but when I do!! Cheesecake beware you will not last very long! The smell, the taste and the texture, I LOVE it all. Topped with some fresh vanilla whipped cream!! You have the perfect summer dessert to impress your people and guess what??? It is super easy to make!!! I promise you will not regret trying this cake!
Prep : 20 mins / Bake : 1h15 mins / Total 1h30 mins
Servings : 9″ cake
2 x 8-ounce bricks Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice
1/2 cup thick cream or plain yogurt, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Crust: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- For the crust, stir the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter until evenly combined and press this into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake this for 5 minutes, then cool. Brush the sides of the pan with a little melted butter.
- For the cheesecake: increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
- Beat the cream cheese & butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar a little at a time, and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
- Mix in the cornstarch/water and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, on a lower speed, and scraping after each addition, then beat in the yolk.
- Still on low speed, beat in cream then add the key lime or lime juice.
- Poor this over the cooled crust.
- Bake the cheesecake for 45-60 minutes at 400ºF and then reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for 15-20 more minutes. You can tell that the cake is ready when it is no longer giggly in the center and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature, then carefully run a spatula around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan, then chill the cheesecake for at least 6 hours or before slicing and serving. If you need it to cool faster, simply store in fridge.
- Decorate with my Vanilla Whipped cream Topping