If you are a burger fanatic and a seafood lover well THIS IS IT Y’ALL. A crispy white fish and shrimp patty topped with a creamy red cabbage coleslaw! What else could you what?
Prep : 20 mins / Cook : 15 mins Total: 35 mins
Servings : 2
Here are some of the best types of fish to fry:
- Striped Bass
3 tilapia or cod filets
10-12 frozen shrimps, cleaned
2 tbsp epis seasoning
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 Shallot, Chopped
1 tbsp chili flakes
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
1 tsp salt
Creamy red coleslaw:
½ small red cabbage
1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Clean the fish and shrimps then cut into very small pieces then add to a medium bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mash everything together until well combined.
- If you have large cooking cutter use them to form a burger Pattie if not any round object similar to cookie cutter can work or simple use your hand to create a patty. Repeat until used up all the mix.
- Freeze the fish patties for at least 30 minutes.
- In bowl whisk together egg and milk and in a second bowl add the breadcrumbs.
- Dust the fish cakes in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into the beaten eggs mix, then roll in crumbs to coat and apply a bit of pressure to make sure the crumbs stick.
- Heat up a large pot or wok covered 2/3 with oil over medium heat until the oil reaches 350 F.
- Add 1 patty to make sure the temperature is hot enough cook for 3-4 mins or until golden brown. (Fish and shrimps’ cooks very so keep a close eye).
- For the red cabbage coleslaw, simply combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl until well mix.
- Serve with the coleslaw and spicy mayo!