I saw this Apple cinnamon cake on Instagram on @sweetestmenu page (She is My fav fav fav)!!!!! The recipe was perfection but since I LOVE cinnamon a bit to much, I doubled her Cinnamon topping step to get double the cinnamon flavor.
Prep : 30 mins / Cook: 35 mins / Total : 1h05 min
Serving : 8
1 1/2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 white sugar
1 cup (approximately 1 large) red apple, peeled and roughly chopped
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
½ cup caster sugar
4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup icing or powdered sugar
1–2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan forced.
- Grease and line an 8- or 9-inch round cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add chopped apple and stir briefly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil, and yoghurt. Whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- To make cinnamon topping, combine cinnamon, sugar, and butter. Mix until lumpy and wet. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of milk.
- Drizzle glaze all over the cake.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !