We decided to change up our taco tuesdays for some yummy beef enchiladas!!! Super easy and fast to make and enough for the whole family.
If you are more of a chicken lover all you need to do is substitute the ground beef with some shredded cooked chicken breast!
Serving : 4-6
Prep : 10 mins / Cook: 15 mins / Total : 25 mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small white onion, chopped
1 pounds Ground beef
2 Jalapenos, Chopped
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
8 large flour tortillas
2-3 cups shredded cheese
1 cup salsa
optional toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped red onions, diced avocado, avocado, sour cream.
- The Beef : Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapenos and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and season salt and pepper to taste and cook until ground beef becomes brown.
- Add in the beans and stir until evenly combined. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas: set up an assembly line including tortillas, salsa, beef mixture, and cheese.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread the salsa over the surface of the tortilla.
- Add a generous spoonful of the beef mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased baking dish.
- Spread any remaining salsa evenly over the top of the enchiladas, followed by any extra cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until the enchiladas are cooked through and the tortillas are slightly crispy on the outside