Growing up shortbreads were my all time favorites!! The sweet buttery flavor gets me everytime!
Such simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry!!!
If you liked this check out my Strawberry shortbread jam bars
Prep : 10 mins / Cook: 30-35 mins / Total : 40 mins
Serving : 15-20 cookies
2 cup butter (Room temperature)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups plain flour
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until combined.
- Mix in the flour gradually until combined.
- Bring the mixture together using your hands to make a dough.
- Grease a (12 inch) square baking tray with butter and line with parchment paper.
- Spread out the dough on the tray, prick the shortbread with a fork, creating rows. Also run a knife between each row of fork tines to make cutting the shortbread easier after it’s baked. (see images below)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown on top, let cool for 15 minutes before serving!