Makes these delicious jam bars in under 30 mins!!!
If you are looking for the ideal breakfast snacks , here are some low on sugar and super tasty shortbreads jam bars. They can even go undercover as a yummy desserts!!!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook: 20 mins / Total : 30 mins
Serving : 8-10 bars
1/2 cup butter
1/4 + 2 tbsp cup white sugar
2 tbsp oil
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup Strawberry jam
1 cup Fresh Chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the baking powder 2 cups (keep remaining for later) of the flour with a spoon until combined.
- Bring the mixture together using your hands to make a dough.
- Grease a (9 inch) square baking tray with butter and line with parchment paper.Spread out half of the dough on the tray then prick the dough with a fork to prevent bubbles from forming while baking.
- Mix jam and Fresh strawberries with the 2 tbsp of sugar then spread the Strawberry jam on top.
- With the remaining dough, mix in the remaining flour and rub with your fingers to make a crumb like texture.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the jam.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown on top, let cool for 15 minutes before serving!
One Comment Add yours