Looking for a creamy, warm dish? You are at the right blog page!! This creamy shrimp and fish soup will definitely hit the spot. Healthy and low on fat and sodium.
I used Basa for this recipe since it was what I had on hand however you can substitute it with tilapia, cod, bass, grouper, haddock, catfish, and snapper.
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 15 mins / Total 25 mins
10-12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 basa fish filet, raw
4-6 tbsp epis seasoning
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
2 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped finely
2 celery branches, thinly sliced
1/4 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium red, chopped
2 tbsp cup all-purpose flour
1 cups milk
1 cups half-and-half cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tbsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp red chili flakes
- Cut the fish in small cubes and then marinate the shrimps and fish with epis seasoning.
- In a large pot, cook the shrimp in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink then add the fish and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, red pepper and onion in remaining butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. With a hand soup mixer, blend eventhing until chucks are gone.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return seafood to the pan; heat through.