The best part of cookies is that they only take 10 minutes to bake and you can freeze them for cookie emergencies! These are the chewiest Ginger cookies you will ever eat! #Yourwelcome
Freeze them up to 3 mts , yes you read this right! three months.
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 8-10 mins / Total: 18 mins
Servings : 12 Large Cookies or 24-36 mini cookies
1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (not melted*)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp molasses
1-1.5 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
White Sugar for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, molasse and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- Let set in the fridge for 1h or overnight.
- Preheat the oven 350 F degrees and prepare a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small balls and then roll them in white sugar, then add to baking tray.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until the cookies begin to slightly crack on top.