Pasta dishes are definitely a comfort food for me!! Super fast to make, they always hit the spot and the best part is that they are always loaded with cheese. Trust me that this pasta bake will become your favorite comfort food!
Prep : 10 mins /Cook: 30 mins/ Total : 40 mins
Servings : 4-6
1 pound lean ground beef
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1 red onion, Chopped
1 yellow onion, Chopped
2 celery branches, Chopped
1 Jalapeno, Chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup milk or cream
5 Cheddar slices or 1/2 cup of soft cream cheese
1/2 block of cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups of pasta,cooked
3-4 tbsp epis seasoning or 2-4 Cloves of garlic, Chopped
4 tbsp Lemon pepper
3-4 tbsp Cajun
3-4 tbsp All purpose seasoning (Island spices)
1/4 cup Parsley or Oregano
2 tbsp Thyme
1 tbsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot or wok on medium-high.
- Add all the chopped veggie for 3-4 minutes..
- In the same Wok or Pot add the the meats with the spices (add more oil if needed).
- Add the tomato paste and cook with the meat until nice a brown.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce and mix until well combined.
- In a separate small pot on medium/high heat, add milk/cream and cheddar slice or cream cheese to the pot, let simmer for a few minutes.
- Once the creamy cheese sauce is made, add it to the large pot of sauce.
- Stir in the pasta and half of the cheese block to the pot.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add the remaining cheese on top for the last 5 minutes.