These breakfast quesadillas are packed with flavor and delicious ingredients. Obviously you can put anything you want in a quesadilla, but these ones are made with lots of love, cheese and more love!!!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 10 mins Total: 20 mins
Servings : 2
4 Breakfast sausage sliced
4 bacon slices
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
5 large mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp Caribbean seasoning
1 tbsp lemon pepper
salt/pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter unsalted
4 medium flour tortillas
Mayonnaise and hot sauce
2 cups cheese shredded
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausages and bacon over medium high heat until fully cooked. Set the meat aside and when cool cut up bacon and sausage in small pieces.
- Keep the grease from the bacon to cook the onion, red pepper and mushrooms until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the milk and Caribbean seasoning, then mix with vegetables.
Add the cooked meat to the pan and scramble the eggs until fully cooked, 2-3 minutes.Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt half tbsp of butter over medium heat then place a tortilla. Layer it with mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese,1/4 of the egg/sausage mixture, hot sauce, Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown, flipping carefully. Make sure the cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Slice the quesadillas into 4 wedges serve with sour cream and salsa.