If you are looking to change your Taco Tuesday up a bit #tacotuesday, this is what you are looking for. Ground Beef, Juicy Shrimps and tones of cheese! yes we are talking about BURRITOS. You will fall in love with this easy and very quick recipe. Like many of my recipes you can substitute pretty much everything! So enjoy and have fun.
Prep : 5 mins / Cook : 15 mins Total: 20 mins
Servings : 6
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp epis seasoning (optional)
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 medium red onion chopped
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
5 large mushrooms, chopped
1/2 can black beans
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 pack spicy or mild taco seasoning
2 tbsp Caribbean seasoning
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
10 raw shrimps, cleaned
1/2 cup rice, cooked
2 tbsp butter unsalted
4 medium flour tortillas
2 cups cheese shredded
- Cook the rice according to the package.
- While the rice is cooking ,in a large pan, over medium-high heat, add garlic, epis seasoning,onions and red peppers, mushrooms to skillet, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the black beans, ground beef with spices and cook until brown and no longer pink 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and let boil for a few minutes. Finally add in the shrimps and cook until pink.
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface and divide the beef bean mix, shrimps, cheese, rice, sour cream, salsa among the 8 tortillas. Fold each burrito-style.
- Add butter to the pan and grill the burritos each side for 3-4 minutes.