Walkers pure butter shortbread cookies are definitely an all time favorite of mine! They are just everything i am looking for in a shortbread cookie!
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 35 mins / Total: 45 mins
Servings : 15 cookies
2 cups Plain Flour
1/2 Caster Sugar
2 cups Salted Butter, at Room Temperature
Pinch of Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and prepare a baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until well combined, then add 3/4 of the flour and mix.
- Sprinkle, on a clean surface, the remaining flour. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Press the dough in the lined baking tin, coaxing it into the corners and trying to make it an even thickness all over (about 1/2-inch thickness.)
- Lightly mark out even sized pieces, prick the shortbread all over with a fork, making sure you go right through the dough.
- Place the shortbread in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the shortbread is slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Leave for 20-30 minutes before carefully cutting the shortbread into fingers, using the lines you marked out as a guide. if you wait to long and the cookies become cold they will crack when you try to cut them!