Sunday brunches are by far my favorite meal of the week!!! This week We wanted to go with fried chicken and waffle but i am not a big fan of waffles. This lead us to make some cinnamon french toast to subsitute the waffles.
Prep : 15 mins / Cook : 30-45 / Total: 45 mins
Servings : 2-3
1-2 Chicken Breast
2 tbsp lemon pepper
2 tbsp all purpose seasoning
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
Cinnamon French toast:
5 thick slices bread
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg
6 tbsp butter
- Start with the Finger to cook :Clean and remove fat from the chicken breasts.
- Cut each Chicken breast in half to avoid them being to thick.
- Wrap them in a plastic wrap and flatten with a baking pin or any large object until they are the breasts are flattened out.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken breasts with the marinade ingredients.
- Cover the bowl tightly and place in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 mins up to 24 hours.
- To fry the chicken: Line another baking sheet with a few layers of paper towels and set next to the stove.
- Add oil to a large, high-sided pot until the level reaches about 3/4-inch. Heat over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering (about 350°).
- Place several chicken tenders in the hot oil without crowding the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, a few minutes, then flip and cook until the second side is also golden, a few minutes more.
- Optional : Bake for 10-15 mins 350° to make sure the chicken is well cooked and to keep warm.
- Cinnamon French Toast: Beat egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in shallow dish. Stir in milk.
- Heat medium pan with few tbsp of butter
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices until browned on both sides.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !