Prep : 15 mins / Cook : 20 mins / Total: 40 mins
Servings : 8 tortillas
I wanted to make my own tortillas but had not any masa harina! I decided to try it out with some good old flour! I will definitely need to try the authentic way and also some hard taco shells but they came out not to bad at all!!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup lard or shortening
1 cup water
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the lard or shortening with your fingers until the flour resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough ball into a thin, round tortilla.
- Place into the hot pan and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and continue cooking until golden on the other side.
- Wrap the tortilla in a clean cloth when it comes off the griddle, to keep it pliable.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
Haven’t seen enough? Much more details in my highlights!!! Simply click on the link below for step by steps !
One Comment Add yours