This delicious and quick dish is perfect on those weeknights! Made with coconut milk that gives it a richer and creamy taste compared to regular milk, and the best part is that coconut milk is lactose free!!
I used bass for this recipe since it was what I had on hand however you can substitute it with tilapia, haddock or cod.
Prep : 10 mins / Cook : 30 mins / Total 40 mins
1-2 basa fish filet, cut in small chunks
10-12 shrimps, cleaned
4 tbsp epis seasoning
3-4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 red onion. chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 celery branch, chopped
2-3 large potatoes
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
3-4 tbsp red Thai curry paste
1 can coconut milk
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup basmati rice, well rinsed
- Cut the basa fillet in cubes and add to a bowl with the cleaned shrimps. Add the epis seasoning and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins, set aside.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, ginger and yellow onion to a large wok on medium-high heat and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the carrots, red onion and potatoes, cook for 3-4 mins.
- Gradually add the chicken or vegetable stock to the wok and cover for 2 mins.
- Add the red curry paste and pour in the coconut milk bring to a steady boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the marinated fish and shrimps to the wok and cook for 4-5 more mins covered.
- Serve with the white basmati rice and basil
One Comment Add yours